Why Choose HT Neuro Rehab
HT Neuro Rehab offers a tailored, specialised clinical service delivered by experienced and passionate Occupational Therapist professionals. We are proud to already provide therapy services to a variety of case manager companies and can see your client in their own homes, in a residential setting, day centres and in nursing homes. Our therapy service is always booked at a convenient time to suit your client’s needs.
What We Cover:
- 24-hour postural management
- Seating, posture and wheelchair assessments
- Hand Therapy and Upper Limb Retraining
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Home visits and adaptation
- Equipment provision and recommendations
- Staff and carer training
Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness (PDOC)
HT Neuro Rehab offers a comprehensive 24 hour, 7 day a week postural assessment with recommendations. Our team provides a thorough assessment using standardised assessment tools as outlined by the General Medical Council. Additionally, we can also train and advise caregivers, family and other staff involved in rehabilitating PDOC patients.
The PDOC Occupational Therapy service includes examining position while in a wheelchair, bed and posture throughout the day.
Hand Therapy and Upper Limb Retraining
Our team have huge experience in hand and upper limb Occupational Therapy, concentrating on existing abilities and using mixed exercises to encourage mobility and fine and gross motor skills. We focus on the whole limb structure, the shoulder, arm, wrist and fingers as well as assessing posture and breathing techniques. Treatment includes how to reduce pain and inflammation while maximising independence. All of these elements are analysed so that at every session, we have detailed treatment to successfully reach your client’s goals.
Each patient is assessed to determine the treatment required. We can supply equipment to aid with day-to-day life and where necessary, we can also arrange a home assessment to assist with rehabilitation.
HT Neuro Rehab offers full neurological rehabilitation services supporting the patient so that they can continue to live life as best possible. Our service includes advising on home adaptation, help with hospital discharge and sourcing equipment to help the patient achieve as much independence as possible, inside the home, in the community and at work.
HT Neuro Rehab offers a thorough wheelchair assessment service that determines the right equipment so your client stays safe, comfortable and supported throughout use.
HT Neuro Rehab assesses wheelchairs for the following conditions:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Orthopaedic conditions
- Limited mobility inside and outside of home
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Orthopaedic issues
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Neurological Conditions
- Other injuries and complications
Each professional assessment is tailored to the individual and involves full postural analysis, advice, training, maintenance, set-up and management of equipment, wheelchair prescription according to condition (standard wheelchairs, spinal cord wheelchairs and specialist wheelchairs such as tilt in space). Following assessment, if needed, we will provide a full report of the findings with a detailed analysis of recommendations for the individual concerned.
For people that have very limited mobility, HT Neuro Rehab offers a 24/7 posture assessment service. This is to help reduce body changes and risks caused by immobility and it is a service that sets us apart from others.
HT Neuro Rehab conduct home visits in the London and surrounding areas, ensuring the highest level of comfort possible. We can also visit your clients in their day centre, residential care, nursing home, or at work, if required.
Equipment Provision and Recommendations
We can supply equipment to aid with day-to-day life and where necessary, we can visit your client’s home to assess any equipment required, make recommendations and help to source the right equipment, tailored to any budget.
Staff and Carer Training
Our wealth of experience and training qualifications means that we often run training courses for clinicians wishing to expand their Occupational Therapy knowledge. Our service is particularly aimed at Occupational Therapists that do not have a clinical supervisor or are without access to a senior Occupational Therapist.
We offer bespoke training, mentoring, support and supervision for Occupational Therapists.
- Healthcare professionals planning to work in private practice
- Clinical supervision for Occupational Therapists and students
- Supervision to help direct your training and client interventions for private practitioners
- Supervision sessions run by specialised Occupational Therapists with more than 12 years of experience within the NHS and the private sector.
- Help to start your independent practice and developing your services and products
- Professional and personal development plan
- Mentoring to upskill and develop your skills
- Clarity with your professional goals
- Support and guidance with your clinical caseload
- Clear service pathway and fees
- Review of your current service and advice on development
- Support network to reduce social isolation for lone practitioners and discuss ideas in a nurturing environment
The HT Neuro Rehab Guarantee
- You will always receive quick and efficient service with clear timescales for assessments, reports and equipment quotes
- All fees and charges discussed in advance
- You will receive an assessment tailored to your client’s needs and goals
- We don’t operate a waiting list
- Follow up appointments can be booked straight away
- Detailed report with all identified needs, referrals and guidance is always provided
- A high standard of care by experienced therapists
- Ongoing support to your client, care staff and family as required
- Exercise handover and training for family and carers
- Attendance to case management reviews and MDT meetings, as needed
- Provision of available options for home adaption equipment and wheelchairs
- Support for your client to find appropriate colleges or day centres